Friday, January 28, 2011

What's up with the #!RT symbols?!? #OldFolks listen up! http://wp.me/p146tm-aV

Let's take a minute to get down to the basics...

Seriously, what's up with all symbols? Am I [Justin] constantly cursing the Facebook & Twitter Worlds? No I'm not, and I'm ashamed if you thought that. It just occured to me that a large portion of our fans and followers are not in the 18 - 28 age group.

This is an example of what I am talking about off our Facebook Fan Page.

 

Let's get down to it -

All of this gibberish is focused at the Twitter world. The facebook posts just happen to be a byproduct of my laziness in posting separately between the two. There are certain symbols that help to control conversations on twitter, and they are:

@: Talk publicly to another person

This is equivalent to tagging someone on Facebook. If you wanted to say something to me on Twitter you would type: "@thecoREgroup yahta-yahta-yahta..."

Don't forget: Everyone can see this.

d: Talk privately to another person

 

Read More...

No comments:

Post a Comment